Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bead Cap Day and Broken Nose




Today is bead cap day! I made glass beads in the morning yesterday and enameled bead caps in the afternoon yesterday. They will be available in the SueBeads etsy store shortly! Since I live in Pittsburgh and we get about 3 sunny days a year, the photos here are a little darker than the actual beads.

So on to the broken nose part. I got a call yesterday late afternoon from my daughter. She called to let me know she got hit in the face with a softball. The trainer got on the phone to tell me I should take her to get x-rays when she gets home...yay. This is the same girl who got a concussion last spring playing softball. I took her to the urgent care place and sure enough, they said she has a broken nose. At least it's not crooked or anything, just swollen and black and blue. I have to take her to the ENT on Thursday for evaluation. It's always something!

On a lighter note, I was so happy to find out this morning that I won a giveaway in Lisa Liddy's new shop on etsy, MetalMeThis! That cheered me up considerably! I'll do another post so you can see what she sends me!

7 comments:

lunedreams said...

I love those beadcaps!!!

Your girl is a tough cookie. Ouch!

Copper Diem said...

gorgeous colors!

Silver Parrot said...

Yikes - so sorry about her nose! I bet at this point you are looking for ways to bubblewrap her head!

Love the beadcaps!

Marbella Jewelry Designs said...

oh no, that's gotta hurt, poor thing. i hope it's not too bad.

barbarasfernald.com said...

Cool bead caps! Sorry to hear about your daughter's nose. Ow!

Sally said...

So sorry to hear about your daughter's nose, I hope she has a speedy recovery!

The beadcaps are beautiful!

Softflexgirl said...

Pretty bead caps!

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo ...