Sunday, March 14, 2010

March Art Bead Scene Challenge

This month's Art Bead Scene challenge is based on Van Gogh's Almond Blossom painting. It's a beautiful painting! I created the necklace below based on that painting. I made some blue swirly beads, and found some vintage german glass flowers. I created the collage heart pendant with washi paper and small glass marbles in blue and silver. The clasp is from Rocki's Supplies on etsy. The branch connector is from Fusion Beads. I like it - I think I may actually wear it, too!

8 comments:

Heather Powers said...

perfect! love the beads and pendant.

Christine said...

Pretty! I am making a necklace for that challenge too, but I am waiting for the beads to come out of the kiln!

Janet said...

That is really very Nice!

stregata said...

Great interpretation, Sue! Love the combination of elements!

maryharding said...

It is beautiful. Love the color of the blue beads and heart.

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

Your vision was right on. Bravo!!

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Oh, you have to wear it. It's gorgeous! I love the color and the design is so unique.

SueBeads said...

Thank you for all the nice comments!

Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!

Better late than never! I participate every year and didn't want to miss it this year - the Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I'm also...