Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Enameled Head Pins


I made some enameled head pins last night, and had a great time! I listed a set in my SueBeads etsy store. They were made on 20 gauge copper wire. These ones measure 2 inches. I made some more this morning that measure approx. 2 1/2 inches. These ones would look great paired with ceramic beads, or lampwork! I had no idea what to charge for them, so they are 20 for $4.00 right now. If anyone has a better idea, I am open to suggestions! Or, if you want more, or less, or whatever, let me know what your opinion is! I have thrown them, banged them and squeezed them and the enamel does not break off!

13 comments:

stregata said...

Very cool, Sue!

Jen V. said...

Love 'em!!

Preserve Jewelry Studio said...

Great idea. I think you will need to test the market for price though. I think they will be a hit with a little exposure.

SharonP said...

Great earthy colors!

sharon said...

I loooove these!

Fundametals.net said...

Wow, those came out beautifully, Sue!!

I need to purchase some more enamel!

Angela said...

What a clever idea, I like:)

lunedreams said...

They look so perfect! Looks like you've mastered it!

Cindy said...

You are a natural with enamels...they turned out so pretty!
Cindy

Gardanne said...

Thats funny Sue, I put all my beads through stress tests too. Love the head pins.

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

These look perfect, Sue! I bet these will go fast.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Love those, Sue! Excellent!
I'm glass-challenged, can you tell me the difference between FRIT and ENAMEL? I thought they were the same thing, but somehow I think maybe not.
More, more, more!

SueBeads said...

Hi Lynn - enamel is powdered glass, and frit is chunkier. It can be small, but it's not powder like the enamel is! Thanks again to everyone for all the great comments!

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo ...