Wednesday, July 31, 2013

AJE Component of the Month - Diana Ptaszynski

This month over at Art Jewelry Elements, it's Diana's turn to provide the Component of the Month!  She sent us these cute floral pendants, and I chose pink! 


The reason I chose pink is because she had a pink one available, AND because right now it's my mom's favorite color.  So I thought I'd make her a necklace.
 
Usually I like to include my own lampworked or enameled beads in anything I make, but I just couldn't do it this time!  I am so busy getting ready for BeadFest (Booth 463!!!!) that I didn't have time to make custom beads.  But I still like this design.  I used 22 gauge sterling wire, swarovski elements crystals, and candy jade in pink.  I think it looks really sweet and I hope she likes it!

Hop on over to Art Jewelry Elements blog to see who the guest designers were and what everyone made!


11 comments:

thecolorofdreams said...

Beautiful necklace. I am sure your Mom will love it. Have fun at beadfest!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Pretty and elegant, Sue... the simple design really puts the focus on the rose.

WindDancerStudios said...

What's not to love? That is a sweet necklace, very clean and truly lets the pendant shine.

Diana P. said...

I hope your mom likes it! I know I do!

Diana P. said...

I'm sure she'll love it! I know I do! See you in a few weeks!!!

Jennifer said...

That is such a Mom necklace - at least I know mine would love it. Pink is perfect for this!

Becky Pancake said...

Pink would have been my choice too. A beautiful necklace.

beadrecipes said...

Very pretty Sue, with a pendant like this one, you don't need lots to show it off.

Kristen said...

I love the design. I do miss your beads paired with it because you are so good at that but the design is so simple and sweet!

Kristi Bowman said...

Took me a few days to finally get around to hopping. This is a beautiful necklace Sue, so soft and feminine!

Jennifer Cameron said...

Very pretty! I bet your mom will love it.

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo ...