Sunday, October 4, 2009

My Chiminea


Doesn't that sound like it should be a song? I ordered this chiminea - it came last week, but the engineer and I (well, mostly the engineer) put it together yesterday. It has a dragonfly motif on it, and it's black cast aluminum. You can cook on it too - you remove the top and put a cooking grate on. Doubt I'll do that - I have a grill. But I'm sure the kids will want to roast marshmallows! We were going to use it last night, but just plain forgot! So maybe tonight when the kids get home, we'll try it out - we'll see, there's a Steeler game on at 8:20 that we don't want to miss, either. And homework, and Youth Group, etc. etc.! Happy Monday!

5 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

I love that!! The one I have is boring compared to that one. It is also already too cold to use it here. Oh well :)

Hugs
Marie

Adventures with Millie Making Jewelry said...

We love the scent of pinon wood burning in our chiminea! Enjoy!

Fundametals.net said...

hmmmm..I have never seen one of these..very interesting...
Jeanette

Leslie @ Bei Mondi said...

Love the design! Tonight was a pretty cold one so hopefully you guys got some use out of it during commercials for the Steelers game.

crazy for soy said...

wow that looks great...I need to get one of those!!!

Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!

Better late than never! I participate every year and didn't want to miss it this year - the Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I'm also...