Skip to main content

Creative Glass Guild

I have joined the Creative Glass Guild on Etsy, and each month, they have a themed monthly challenge. This month the challenge is Summer Fun. I have entered my Under The Sea bead in the contest! Soon, you will get to vote on the pieces! I'd love it if you would vote for mine! Here's a link to their blog, so you can see the entries!

Comments

SummersStudio said…
Sue, that is one beautiful bead! Good luck in the contest.
SueBeads said…
Thank you Le Ann!
Sharon said…
That is definitely a feel good bead! Good luck to you.
Kristin said…
That's a stunning bead Sue! Beautiful work!
sharon said…
Love this Sue!!
SueBeads said…
Thank you Sharon, Kristin and Sharon! I really like it too!
Anonymous said…
I think it's gorgeous, good luck!
aimee said…
this is a beautiful glass bead! thanks for guessing :))
stregata said…
Very lovely bead, Sue! When I look at it, I see the seaweed moving and the sunlight dancing on the sand... I think I'm hypnotized!
Erin Siegel said…
Oh, what a gorgeous bead! I love it! So beautiful, Sue.
SueBeads said…
Thanks everyone! Even if I don't "win" I feel like I already did with all your nice comments!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12. ...

Another quick post!

I know, I'm on a roll today. Even though I got a late start, I've made beads, made posts, done some scrabble tiles, now I have to fold some laundry and think about dinner. Just wanted to post a photo and link to the ebay auction of mine that started last night - I like the beads, they have a southwest feel and would make a fantastic focal piece in a bracelet, or a whole bracelet too! You can click on them to go to the auction!

Art Elements April Theme Challenge - Repurpose

The AE Theme Challenge this month is Repurpose chosen by Lesley. Great subject, and I wish I had more time to work on it. The day job kind of takes away my creative energy at times, and this month is no exception! However I did manage to do a few things! The first thing I thought of for the theme was something I had been thinking about for a long time. I remembered I had this magazine that repurposed those desiccant containers you get in pill bottles into beaded beads. I set out to find that magazine in my stash. I'm glad I found it, because it was actually driving me nuts as to where it was. Here are some photos of me in the process of making some of these beads. So the first one I made, I liked ok. But noticed on the end that you could see the white container through the ends. So I got a sharpie out for the next one, and colored the ends so they didn't look so white. Then I made a few more of these beads, and quite honestly, I was done with...