Skip to main content

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo of mine before I made something, if I did you would probably drop dead at this point!

Here's my little zombee creation all done up with a cool effect from PicMonkey.  Are you aware that you now have to pay for PicMonkey - a yearly subscription.  I paid my dues because I use this program a lot and don't have time to learn another free one. 

 So here's my creation - a bookmark.  Yep.  Lame.  I did not have a good enough idea until it was too late to do anything about it, and I wanted to make something, anything.  So I made this bookmark.  The zombee is trying to get the fall flowers. 


My real idea at this point is to make a glass cabochon that looks like a pumpkin, bead bezel it, and make it into a cute necklace, with the zombee being part of the strap - I was going to a strap in some sort of beading pattern, maybe chenille stitch.  And add some halloweeney beads along the chain.  The main program is I don't even have any other halloweeney beads so, this might take a while!

Please check out what everyone else made!



Guests




Team

http://www.lesleywatt.com/ - Lesley  Watt

http://www.glassaddictions.com/blog  -  Jennifer Cameron


https://jdaviesreazor.com/blog/  - Jenny Davis-Reazor


http://blueberribeads.co.uk/ - Caroline Dewison


 http://cmendola.blogspot.co.uk/- Cathy Spiey Mendola





Comments

Niky Sayers said…
Your bookmark is not lame at all, I think it is charming and now I want to make book marks!!!
Laney said…
My first idea was to do a bookmark so no yours is not lame ;) I love it, but then I LOVE books and beads so for me this is a winning combination :D
elisabeth said…
It's great Sue - something to run through your fingers as you are reading. And you big idea necklace sounds cool too :-)
He looks very sweet on your book marker! I love it!
Caroline said…
What a sweet design, I don't think it's lame at all... he looks fabulous!
Lesley said…
It's not lame at all - it's a great way to use pretty beads and see them often.
I think it's darling! And I'm always losing bookmarks...this one would be difficult to lose.
Perfect bookmark! I would love to have one like this. I never even ugh about doing something like this but it's perfect for Laney's zom-bee.
Jenny said…
Well, he is pretty adorable on that bookmark and looks content to wait a while if you are still inspired later!
Linda A. said…
How brilliant to do a bookmark! I'd have never thought of that! Not lame at.all.
Saraccino said…
He looks adorable at the bookmark! And I don't know if you really should change it. Often the everyday objects, that are really used in daily life, are the ones that are the most precious ones. :)
Lindsay said…
Such a nice showcase for your zombee! I love that you incorporated the cathedral cut flowers...I had some pulled out for mine too but could NOT make them work for me. Lovely!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tacky Earring Blog Hop

Diana Ptaszynski had a great idea, instead of a Tacky Christmas Sweater blog hop, a Tacky Holiday Earring blog hop! I was on it.  I had ideas right away.  I had so many I had to control myself.  You can buy these for $15 each, too!  Here we go! I found these awesome wreaths in the miniature Christmas section in Michaels, and they go perfectly with silver and copper colored plastic beads! These trees were found in Michaels, on an end-cap - I assume they are scrapbook or card making supplies, but make fantastic earrings.  The holes were a little small and far down, so I had to make LARGE loops.  Paired these with cute little gold colored jingle bells! And, finally, the ones I had in my head the moment she announced the blog hop.  Dr. Seuss sparkly puff balls with ribbons.  The only thing that would have made these better for me is if I could have found the red ribbons I really wanted to pair these with - don't get me wrong, the silver is cool and all, but in my head they w

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12.