Monday, February 20, 2017

Art Elements Weekly Challenge::Week 3

This week's internal challenge over at Art Elements was beetle.  I had just the thing I wanted to try.  My kids brought me back this scarab bead from the British Museum, I am assuming it's supposed to be faience (I know not real, that would have cost a fortune!!!!).

I have wanted to replicate it for a while, and this was the perfect chance, as I was making headpins for a facebook trunk show!

Here are my beads - the first one is the museum scarab, mine are the second two.  I used opaque turquoise blue glass, and two colors of transparent enamel powder to mimic the faience look.  I think the second color looks the best.
Thanks for stopping by, and look for my post next week!

No comments:

Facet - The Bead Box

Not sure if you heard, but Facet (Stringing, formerly Bead Style) is launching The Bead Box - one stop kits for jewelry making! It's a m...