Sunday, February 1, 2015

Beading Back in Time Blog Hop!

I'm part of a new group, Beading Back in Time, and today is the reveal for our blog hop challenge!  This quarter, our challenge was Pre-Human.  Make something from or with something that applies to the pre-human period in Earth's history!

Here's what I made.  I used one of my own Ammmonite Lampwork cabochons as the base.  I chose colors that I felt went well with the focal.

 I did a beading around a cabochon bezel and learned how to do a picot edge!  I was quite happy with myself!
 The spiral rope is made with matching beads, the clasp is bronze by Saki Silver.  I did a simple loop bail to attach the ammonite cab to the spiral rope.


Check out what the other members of Beading Back in Time made for this quarter's challenge!

15 comments:

Sherri Stokey said...

What an awesome piece! Your cab is amazing to start with and your beadwork is the perfect complement. Gorgeous piece.

AntiquityTravelers said...

Sue this is gorgeous! your focal is lovely and your beadwork perfectly matched

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Sue, Your ammonite cab is lovely and you chose the perfect colors to compliment it. Kudos to you for learning picot edge.

Lindsay said...

So pretty Sue! Thank you so much for playing along with us!

Jean A. Wells said...

Beautiful bead-woven piece. Love those ammonite focal. The white background is such a striking piece among all the beautiful beaded cording. Love it. Great job!

Kristen Stevens said...

I absolutely love the colors you choose for this.

Caroline said...

That's gorgeous Sue! I'm very envious of your seed beading skills, and the colours are beautiful!

Kathy Lindemer said...

You should be proud. It is gorgeous.

windbent said...

This is just lovely.

Susan Delaney said...

You could wear that every day for the rest of your life and not miss your other jewelry!

beadrecipes said...

Lovely beadwork Sue! Really complements your cabochon!

Pixybug Designs said...

Love the simplicity and beauty of your piece! The lampwork bead looks like stone and your beadweaving is lovely!

LYILHA said...

Oh my goodness I love that ammonite cab! And the colors of your beadwork with that cab is awesome! Love your creation! Thank you for sharing!

Sally Russick said...

Beautiful work!! The blue/green seed beads makes the focal the star of the show and the spiral rope is just perfect for the neck strap. Love it!!!

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous! What a simple beauty of a cab... and I love your seed bead palettes. Aren't mattes the best?!

Inuit

Forgot to add my Inuit piece to the keep your sanity post, here it is!