Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Berks Bead Bazaar!

Over the weekend, my boyfriend and I took a little overnight break and went to the Berks Bead Bazaar in Reading, PA.  My friends Diana Ptaszynski, Staci Smith and Jenny Davies-Reazor were vending there so I really wanted to go and check it out!  We drove up Saturday, got there about 1:30, stayed at the bead show until it closed at 5, and had a fun dinner at Tokyo Hibachi.  The next morning we decided to leave about 11 because of the monster snowstorm predicted (and btw, we got about 2 inches of snow at home...).

Of course, while I was there, I had to buy some beads!  Here are some photos!

Diana Ptaszynski and her husband Colin, and the beads I got from her - notice the cab!  Can't wait to get started using these!
 Jenny Davies-Reazor and the beads I picked up from her - 2 cabs - hmmm, is there a pattern here?
 Staci Smith and the great polymer clay beads I purchased from her!  She was there with her daughter Julia, who was also selling her beads!
 An amazing lampwork bird from Patty Cahill - this will probably end up in the permanent gazing collection!
 Some seeds from Twisted Sistah.  There were many many more, but it was literally at 5pm when I was buying these...
 Gorgeous stone cabs!
 This cab is called a doublet - it is a transparent agate on top of turquoise, so the blue shows through!
 Finally, some porcelain from Joan Miller. She put on a great show, from what I can tell everyone had a blast!  Too bad about the weather on Sunday.
Hope you enjoyed my parade of beads and aren't too jealous!

5 comments:

Karen Larko said...

Such beautiful beads! Sounds like you had a great time. BTW, I love the beads I ordered from you! Especially the enameled ones. Just beautiful!!!

kdevale said...

maybe a little jealous.

kdevale said...

maybe a little jealous...

Kristen said...

Nice haul!!!! I am glad you got to go!

Louise said...

Sue, you got some fantastic beads at the show. I shipped out my Bead Soup Swap Saturday night/Sunday morning. Included is one of your cabs and some spacers for my partner Leslie W. I kept another cab for myself. It'll be fun to see what we do with them. :)

Inuit

Forgot to add my Inuit piece to the keep your sanity post, here it is!