Saturday, February 4, 2012

Kristi Bowman Design Copper Component Blog Hop!

Welcome to Kristi's first blog hop! She made some of her beautiful copper components, and invited us to purchase one and come up with a design and then do a little bloggy hop to see what everyone made! I love her work, as she knows, so I was right on it. I picked the sea urchin style which is just gorgeous! I used her piece as a connector, front and center, and made the little copper clasp. Which I don't like and will change... (hmmmm, I see a little pattern here).
I made some beads that I think go amazingly well with the copper piece she made. They bring out the colors in her piece, and her piece brings out the colors in my beads! A perfect combo!
Here's my finished piece. I really like it, except for the copper clasp I made, as I mentioned. I was under a little time crunch because I have a show today that I am not ready for but I'll definitely come up with a better clasp.

Here's a list of everyone else who is participating - check out their blogs and see what they made! I will be visiting everyone's blogs tomorrow, but may be a little late as I expect to be totally swamped with customers clamoring for my jewelry and other items at the show! LOL!

Sue Kennedy http://suebeads.blogspot.com/ You are here!

Lana Kinney is sharing on Kristi's blog.

27 comments:

Lesley said...

That's beautiful Sue, such warmth...makes me long for hot summer evenings...

Kristi Bowman said...

Beautiful creation Sue, those glass beads are a fabulous compliment to the copper!! Thanks so much for joining my hop and good luck at your show!!

SummersStudio said...

Your beads are a perfect fit for the copper focal. Good luck with your show.

Melinda Orr said...

Those beads are delicious! Beautiful design~

Jennifer said...

Not only are your bead colors gorgeous, but I can't help but imagine that bracelet on my wrist. It would have a satisfying weight, and you beads would move on the arm well, no twisting, jangling. Love it!

maryharding said...

Sue your beads are just delicious with the Kristi component. I always love those colors and all of these copper hues together are wonderful. A great bracelet.

kristibasket said...

Wow, those beads look so rich with Kristi's focal!! I love it!!

BahamaDawn said...

PRETTY! i love those copper/amber colored glass beads and your bead spacers!! great work!

Cillaw said...

The beads are perfect and I love those copper chips.Very Nice!
Cilla
www.tellyourgirlfriends.com

Laura Twiford said...

You know I love your lampwork and these beads are no exception, they are gorgeous! I hope you are swamped with customers today at your show too! If I was there I would no doubt be adding to my stash!

Jean A. Wells said...

I love that you made beads just for this project. They are beautiful and yes, they compliment each other very well. It is a beauatiful bracelet.

Alice said...

A gorgeous bracelet! I love the beautiful beads you made to showcase the focal. And really, I like the clasp since it lets the focal stand out, but maybe it could be a bit heftier....

Cindy said...

Hi Sue...first, I hope you are having a great day at your show!
Your bracelet is so beautiful. I love that you made your own lampwork beads to complement Kristi's clay focal. ..those beads are just scrumptious! :-)

Lori Anderson said...

It's beautiful!

Patti Van said...

Your beads are an amazingly perfect color! Love the design - even the clasp!

Sally Russick said...

Sue, the bracelet is beautiful! The beads you created are prefect and I love the little copper disc components. Beautifully done!

I hope you have a great day at the show!

Melissa Cable said...

The beads go great with the pendant...good luck at your show!!

Penny said...

Sue your lampwork glass beads go beautifully with Kristi's sea urchin connector. You did an amazing job.

Shannon Chomanczuk said...

Very pretty. I think if you add a jump ring to the hole you can attach the hook to that. I love the beads you used.
Shannon C

Jennifer Cameron said...

I love your bracelet. The beads are so yummy with Kristi's copper and those little wavy spacer disc things are adorable!

Sandra Young said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! Your handmade beads are a perfect accompaniment. I don't mind the clasp.

Therese's Treasures said...

Hi Sue, Your bracelet is very pretty I like the moncromatic colors.
Therese

KayzKreationz said...

Love your beads you made to go with your bracelet. It all fits together very well. Nice piece.

MoonRae said...

It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing and participating

CraftyHope said...

Your beads really are a perfect compliment to the copper component. While the copper piece is definitely the focal, your beads add quite a bit of interest to the bracelet. Wonderfully done!

Firefly Visions said...

I love your finished piece. The beads that you created to compliment the focal are gorgeous :)

Sharyl said...

Totally splendid!

Facet - The Bead Box

Not sure if you heard, but Facet (Stringing, formerly Bead Style) is launching The Bead Box - one stop kits for jewelry making! It's a m...