Today is the reveal for the Lorelei and Shannon Bead Challenge! The idea was to purchase the kit from Lima Beads and make as many things as you could from the kit.
Here's my first attempt at a necklace using a majority of the parts. I have to say that I don't really like it - it's not really my style. Maybe it's the colors together - I don't know. I didn't disassemble it, but I will - I'm not sure what I will make but it has to be better than this!
The earrings, I like. I used some of my own ribbed spacer beads and they go pretty well! I would never have picked out the yellowish colored pearls but I like the color combo, and I had fun trying to perfect my briolette wire wrapping! This necklace, I like too - more my style, kind of a choker, and I love the chain!
Finally, this is another idea I am working on. I never worked with stick pearls like this before, and I like how they hang like fringe. I made a cool wire on the back of the flower beads so they hang nicely too, and I like the yellowish pearls with both colors. I may keep this one!
As you can see I didn't use the ribbon - to me it didn't really match with any of the beads. I know I can use it for something else, but I want to make some of my own beads to use it with, I think.
You can see what everyone else made by going to Lorelei's blog and checking out all the links! Have fun!
This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees! I did not take a photo ...
Appropriately, Jenny provided us with kintsugi hearts for the Art Elements February Component of the Month. But not just any hearts - b...
I really didn't have a lot of creative time this month as I had a bunch of concrete work done at my house and, I don't know about yo...