Saturday, May 15, 2010

What To Do With These Enameled Three Petal Flowers




Someone asked, what do you do with the three petal enameled flowers? This is what I came up with. I used a blue/green one, and used a small czech rondelle to layer it. I made a quick copper balled headpin (I dipped it in water like Lynn said to do, but I did it twice, and got this pretty blue color!). Then I made a wrapped loop on the back, it can be used as a dangle or button. But if you move the loop 90 degrees, you can also use it in other ways on your piece. Just an idea!

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

Beautiful - love those colors!

Barbara Lewis said...

Isn't it great when you can make so many of your own jewelry components?!!! The freedom it gives is so enjoyable!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Sue, copper heat patina is so fun, you can get lots of neat colors depending on what color the metal is when you stop it by putting into the water - so happy you tried that! (I hope I'm right and you're talking about me ... tee hee)

SueBeads said...

Hi Lynn, yep I meant you!
Thanks ladies!

Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!

Better late than never! I participate every year and didn't want to miss it this year - the Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I'm also...