If you recall, I was part of the Bead Soup Blog Party that Lori Anderson organized (thanks Lori!). Click on the link to go to her blog to see all the participants!
She assigned us partners and the partners swapped some beads, that were to include at least a focal and a clasp. Then, you were supposed to make some jewelry from the beads you were sent, and reveal what you made today! I cut it close, I had this rotten cold all week, kids home all week, and I didn't have internet this morning, but I did get my pieces done last night and am posting now, better late than never! My photos aren't the best, but here goes!
My partner was Nancy Schindler from The Rabbit Muse and Round Rabbit. She makes amazing ceramic pieces (I know, I own several!). Check her blog to see what she made with what I sent her!
This first picture is of the earrings I created with two connectors she sent me. I loved them, and toyed around with several ideas, but came up with these in the end. The connectors are a lovely teal matte color, and the czech beads I had went great with them. I wanted to use bronze, and had the bronze daggers from AD Adornments. I had to create a little bail of sorts to connect the connector to the earring wire - came out pretty good for a 10pm session!
This is a shot of one of the earrings, so you can see how they drape, plus this is a better shot of the beautiful connectors Nancy made!
Finally, a close up of the czech beads, with have such a great color!
Nancy also sent me this beautiful bird focal she made - I knew it had to be the star of a necklace, so I went with a simple look, and simple chain, highlighted with some of the other beads she sent me.
She sent these clear beads that are in a little cup shape, so I used them to highlight the white beads she also sent me. They make a great little pop for the birds focal!
She sent me two sizes of white beads, and these little yellow beads as well. I was making a springy type piece, so in went the yellow! I added a little blue czech rondelle at the clasp to tie in the bird focal. I also apparently didn't get a good photo of the hand made clasp she sent me - I will add that in later! It's time to figure out my day. Please have a look at Lori's blog and all the other wonderful creations floating around out there - I know it's going to take me days, but hopefully I'll get to all of them!!!
1. Lori, Pretty Things and the link to the party is in my sidebar
2. Mallory, For the Love of Beads
3. Terri, Blooming Ideas...You Are Here
4. Cindy, Sweet Bead Studio
5. Lorelei, Lorelei's Blog: Inside the Studio
6. Kerry, Kabs Creative Concepts
7. Erin, Treasures Found
8. Jeannette, Jeannette Blix Wire and Metal Jewelry
9. Adrienne, Adrienne Designs
10. Nan, Spirit Rattles
11. Laurel, Rue's Daftique
12. Nancy, Beading From the Heart
13. Mary, MK's Creative Musings
14. Cassie, The Glass Beadle
15. Dot, Winchell Clayworks
16. Sharon, Sharon's Jewelry Garden
17. Lisa, Lo and Behold
18. Norma, Bead Dreams and Moonlit Fantaseas
19. Judith, Judith B.
20. Debbie, Prairie Emporium
21. Maria, Garden Path Beads
22. Susan, Kaplan Creations Jewelry and Glass Design
23. Melissa, Melissa Meman: Art, Love, Life
24. Marianna, Pretty Shiny Things
25. Lisa, Joolz by Lisa
26. Cristi, 2 If By Sea
27. Sandra, Marbella Jewelry Design
28. Maria, Greene Earth Originals
29. Barbara, Jewelry of Distinction
30. Leslie, Bei Mondi
31. Loretta, Designs by Loretta
32. Linda, Bella Bead Jewelry
33. Kathie, The Bead Cult
34. Patty, Plays With Fire
35. Nicki, Nicki's Reef
36. Anne Marie, Heart's Desire
37. Mary, Mary Harding Jewelry
38. Jayne, Mama's Got to Doodle
39. Emanda, Artemesia's Studio
40. Whitney, Whitney Lassini
41. Marcie, La Bella Joya
42. Suzann, Beadphoria
43. Jen, Jen Judd Rocks
44. Julie, Credit River Art Glass
45. Janiece, J Birds Garden
46. Kate, Organic Odysseys
47. Laurie, The Mermaid Tale
48. Michelle, My Crazy Crafty Adventure
49. Sue, Sue Beads
50. Janeen, Janeen 365
51. Nancy, The Rabbit Muse
52. Kristie, Artisan Clay
53. Regina, Regina's Writings
54. Tari, Pearl and Pebble
55. Lyn, Lyn Foley
56. Beth, Sunshine Daydreamz
57. Cathryn, Chile Cats
58. Emma, Fred Bean's Nook
59. Connie, Cetta Cheese Chatter
60. Juli, Jul's Beads
61. Julie, RockerJewlz
62. Libby, LibbyLeu and Glass Too
63. Melanie, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles
64. Katie, My Life and My Beads
65. Zuleykha, Zuleykha's Polymer Clay
66. Rekella, Me But a Little More in Depth
67. Ricki, What's New at Ricki Voges Design
68. Lisa, Lucid Moon Studio
69. Jo, Daisychain Jewellery
70. Lynette, Rock Hill Designs
71. Lynne, Island Girl's Insights
72. Chas, One Woman's Haven
73. Chas, One Woman's Haven
74. Ruthie, Rose Works Jewelry
75. Elizabeth, Turquoise Sky
76. Maire, Maire Dodd
77. Janet, Singing Woods
78. Eileen, Dorset Hill Beads
79. Julie, Miss Kitten's Jewels
80. Joann, Jo's Jewels
81. Patti, PJ Clark Designs
82. Mel, Kookie Designs
83. Erin, Every Heart Crafts
84. Dale, Flights of Fancy
85. Dee, Runako Designs
Another month has passed us by, and another challenge will be in the books. Appropriately, the theme for the Art Elements challenge this mo...
Appropriately, Jenny provided us with kintsugi hearts for the Art Elements February Component of the Month. But not just any hearts - b...
I really didn't have a lot of creative time this month as I had a bunch of concrete work done at my house and, I don't know about yo...