Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YAY!


YAY! I finally went down to the LBS here in Hilton Head today! It's called High Tide Beads. They have lots and lots of gemstones and findings and loose beads, etc. I bought the gorgeous turquoise beads up top - it's cloudy here today so I couldn't take a picture that does the beads justice. Believe me, they are gorgeous turquoise - there are 38 10mm teardrop shaped beads. The first thing I am making with them when I get home is some earrings! The wood beads are robles wood and there's 37 10mm beads on this strand. The bottom picture is of the supplies I wanted so I can try my hand at making a beaded bead. My friend Cristi at 2ifbysea send me some directions that she uses. The only problem was they didn't have the size 15 seed beads so I bought 11. I hope it's not too big. Oh well, at least I'm going to try! My wonderful son went to the bead store with me, so I bought him a little pirate bead. I'll put it on a cellphone strap for him, or something like that. Girls just got up (12 noon) so maybe we'll go for a walk down to the Crowne Plaza gift shop that's just down the beach from us. Have a good day!

No comments: