Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beyond The Bead

I took the kids to the bookstore before dinner and grocery store yesterday (GEEZ - teenagers eat a lot!) and picked up this book for me, Beyond The Bead, by Margot Potter. I really like it. There's so much information, if you want to invest the $22.99. I needed some eye candy and some boredom busters and some new ideas, so I bought it. I like the I'll Fly Away - Creating Faux Enameled Jewelry section the most, I think. It's the bird earring and necklace set on the front cover. I have a lot of stamps from my life BK (before kids) so I think I have at least one thing on the list of things I would have to buy to make the project!!! I can say I recommend the book, if you are looking to expand your creativity beyond the typical beaded necklace/earrings! You may have to invest in some supplies, but if you are looking to take the jewelry you make and sell to a different level or in a different direction, then this book is for you!

3 comments:

sharon said...

sue, i've been looking at this book for a while now, you may have just promted me into buying it. two other books look very intriguing to me also, custom cool jewelry by melinda barta and a charming exchange by ruth rae.

SummersStudio said...

Me too, Sue. I'm thinking I'll have to buy it as well. If nothing else the pics are just so darned pretty!

Kristin said...

Ooh! I've been wondering about this one! When I first started making jewelry, I taught myself using Margot Potter's Impatient Beader book, so I have a soft spot in my heart for her books. I think I'll definitely pick it up based on your recommendation!

Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!

Better late than never! I participate every year and didn't want to miss it this year - the Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I'm also...