Skip to main content

Artisan Clay Design Team Reveal - August





As you may know, Kristie Roeder is hosting a design team! Once a month, she sends us a cool piece she made and we make some jewelry with it! The reveal date is the last Friday of the month. Here is my piece for the month!

She sent me a shard with two loops so I immediately, after thinking on a it for a while, decided that it would be a connector. I made two ribbed round beads out of metallic black glass to match the raku of the shard. I also used some African beads I got from The Bead Chest a while ago as accents. Finally, I ran out to Michaels yesterday to buy 5 kinds of chain - black, gunmetal, brass, copper, and "silver". I really like how all the chain looks together and can see a bracelet just made from layers and layers of this chain! Chain is in, you know!

I hope you like my piece! Please visit Kristie's blog to see everyone else's creations!

Comments

Artisan Clay said…
Beautiful Susan!
I love how you used all the different chain! I really wanted to use a multi-strand design with my piece too!
Thank you!
-Kristie
Artisan Clay
www.artisanclay.blogspot.com
stacilouise said…
That is awesome! Love the colors and textures in it!
Oh yeah I like it a lot Sue, very current!
Therese
Love it!
Glad I just got a $5.00 off coupon for Michaels because I totally need to try that now :-)
That is beautiful and I LOVE all the chain! But mostly - the beads you made look awesome with the focal!
Unknown said…
The mix of metals really adds to the connector. Beautiful piece.
Jen Judd said…
I love it! That shard could've been a huge puzzle and you made it work perfectly! I love the chain idea...I have so much chain around that I've gotten on sale or from repurposed vintage pieces, I really need to get more creative with it.
Take care!
Jen
I love this bracelet, Sue! First of all, I would totally make lampwork beads like that (it's DSP, right? My #1 go to glass color other than clear). The shard looks like it could be a found piece from an architectural dig along with the lampwork. The several strands of chain add the balance needed for the shard and beads. LOVE it!
artybecca said…
Nice bracelet Sue! Great mix of pieces!
Amy B. said…
Love love love!!
I have a piece just like this from Kristie!
Thank you for the clever inspiration to use it as part of the clasp!

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12. ...

Puppies!

I just had to include this photo of my friend Beth's new puppies. They are 11 week old Jack Russell Terriers. The smaller one is the runt of the litter, but too cute. They are Libby and Lucy!!! Click on the photo to see them bigger!

Another quick post!

I know, I'm on a roll today. Even though I got a late start, I've made beads, made posts, done some scrabble tiles, now I have to fold some laundry and think about dinner. Just wanted to post a photo and link to the ebay auction of mine that started last night - I like the beads, they have a southwest feel and would make a fantastic focal piece in a bracelet, or a whole bracelet too! You can click on them to go to the auction!