Skip to main content

Shameless Self Promotion

I stole Melissa Lee's verbiage - I just thought I'd share some info on a few publications in which you can find my work this winter!

The first one is the AGLF 2010 Calendar (Artisan and Glasswork Legal Fund) which you can find here in Betsy's etsy store! This calendar is a fund raiser to help pay for the legal fees that will arise in the lawsuit against the Wacko from Waco who is slandering many lampwork and other artisans! You can get yours for $20 - it's a great deal! My beads appear in the months of February and November!

This next one is the Winter Issue of Stringing Magazine. I have a bracelet, Monet's Garden, in the bracelet section. You can buy the beads to make the bracelet here on my WEB SITE!

The December 2009 Bead Trends Magazine is the first Bead Trends in which I appear - when I received my advanced copy, I was really blown away! It's such a class magazine, and they take absolutely beautiful photos of the jewelry! You can buy it here! My project is the Winterberry Sparkle Bracelet and Earring set - you can buy the beads on my web site!

Finally, the January 2010 issue of Bead Trends Magazine has my Passion For Purple bracelet, made with some of my sparkly lampwork beads and my handmade beaded beads. I don't have the lamwpork beads listed yet, but if you want some in the same colors, just let me know. I'll take orders until I get them listed on my web site!

Comments

Sharon said…
Your bracelet in Stringing is simply stunning. I love the lampwork colors, so feminine. So who is this wacko from Waco?
mairedodd said…
congratulations on the publications!! we were in the bt together... (my first as well)... ok, i didn't know about the wacko from waco - and how sad that you guys have to raise this kind of money to fight it... it's discouraging... your work is really pretty ~
Congrats on all of your lovely accomplishments! You've been busy! So, what's this about a Wacko from Waco? I need to hear that story.
Wow! Exciting... I'll be watching for more as time goes by!
Congratulations...we get those magazines later here in Canada so I haven't seen your creations...but I think your beads are lovely!

Cheers
stregata said…
Congrats on being so well published, Sue! Very deserved!
Ist that Wacko business still going on? OMG
Pretty Things said…
OOOH, congrats on all the mentions!!!! And that wacko is soooo vile.
Congratulations. You are on a great wave of success. Enjoy and definitely shout it from the roof tops.
Cindy said…
Congrats on the publications!!!
SueBeads said…
Thanks for all the comments! The wacko from waco is a woman who got kicked off etsy for allegedly buying other lampwork artist's beads and then selling them as her own. She decided to go after the lamwpork and artistic community as a whole. I happened to write a sympathetic comment on one person's blog, and that's how she decided to target me. Oh well - I did get a lot of business from it, as well as a lot of looks in my etsy shop!

Popular posts from this blog

The Tacky Earring Blog Hop

Diana Ptaszynski had a great idea, instead of a Tacky Christmas Sweater blog hop, a Tacky Holiday Earring blog hop! I was on it.  I had ideas right away.  I had so many I had to control myself.  You can buy these for $15 each, too!  Here we go! I found these awesome wreaths in the miniature Christmas section in Michaels, and they go perfectly with silver and copper colored plastic beads! These trees were found in Michaels, on an end-cap - I assume they are scrapbook or card making supplies, but make fantastic earrings.  The holes were a little small and far down, so I had to make LARGE loops.  Paired these with cute little gold colored jingle bells! And, finally, the ones I had in my head the moment she announced the blog hop.  Dr. Seuss sparkly puff balls with ribbons.  The only thing that would have made these better for me is if I could have found the red ribbons I really wanted to pair these with - don't get me wrong, the silver is cool and all, but in my head they w

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12.