Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What I Bought!

Portugal is very well known for a few things: cork, tiles, port wine, lace. I'm sure there are more, and I just don't know them! I wanted to show you what I bought when I was there. I did not buy very many things - I did not get to find a bead store in Lisboa, since I didn't get there! I didn't find a bead store in Cascais, and am not aware that one exists there! I did not find a bead store in Obidos, and can pretty much say with surety that there is no bead store in Obidos! However, I did buy a few wonderful things by which to remember my trip.

I bought this beautiful hand painted tile in Obidos. In fact, I think I bought everything in Obidos. This tile is going to hang on the wall on my back covered porch - can't wait to put it out there!

I bought this gorgeous terra cotta hand-painted dish in Obidos as well. It's for the oven, I'm sure, but I don't think it will ever see the oven - it's signed by the artist on the back. I think I'll use it for serving things in...


This tile and cork trivet I believe I also purchased in Obidos. I bought my kids some hand-painted wood roosters in Sintra that look very simlar to this rooster.

I'll try and post some photos tomorrow of scenery and towns! And kids, and other stuff like that! I did get some bead making done today, and will try and catch up on everyone's blogs tonight! I see Silver Parrot put something about my beads on her blog, I just need to get the time after dinner to read!

8 comments:

Marbella Designs said...

thanks for sharing, i love to see the artisanal work from different countries.

Anamir said...

Hello!
Have you tried the restaurants I sugested you? No? I thought so... you haven't!It's a shame. I tried to help , but...
...and the Port wine is produced in my place: oPorto!, and from the north region of Portugal:"Douro". A beautiful place!! Believe me.

Kristin said...

What fabulous souvenirs Sue! Can't wait to see your pics.

sharon said...

Your purchases are beautiful.....so vibrant and alive. I'm sure they will always bring vivid memories!

PaulineD said...

Just gorgeous, and quite inspiring, design-wise!

stregata said...

Lovely reminders of your trip, Sue! I can't wait to hear about your impressions, though, and see your photos of Portugal.

Brillig! said...

Thanks for sharing your new treasures! I particularly like the tile...so pretty!

LisaBabe said...

Lovely purchases, I'd love to go to Portugal (in fact no sure why I've never been, as it's not that far from here).

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo ...