Friday, September 4, 2009

Terrazzo

Terrazzo

From the Merriam-Webster Dictionary
  • Main Entry: ter·raz·zo
  • Pronunciation: \tə-ˈra-(ˌ)zō, -ˈrät-(ˌ)sō\
  • Function: noun
  • Etymology: Italian, literally, terrace, perhaps from Old Occitan terrassa
  • Date: 1895
  • : a mosaic flooring consisting of small pieces of marble or granite set in mortar and given a high polish
Renate suggested the name for these beads - it is so fitting. Thanks so much Renate. I'd love to send you a pair if you send me your address!!!

2 comments:

stregata said...

Oh Sue, you are so sweet! Terrazzo came to mind immediately, when I saw these beads and I do think it is fitting. I am so thrilled you have named them this and I would be very honored and thrilled to receive a pair. If you could contact me at
rgstarke (at) web.de
I'll send you my address.
Thank you so much, you are very generous!

Leslie said...

These are beautiful. Did you etch or not? Great name too.

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo ...