Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chinook Jewelry Blog Partner Reveal!



I was lucky enough to be picked my Melissa, of Chinook Jewelry, to be a blog partner for this month! Melissa sent me two items - the round floral disc and the beautiful two-toned butterfly! When I got them, I knew they would probably be dangles on bracelets, and I knew I wanted to include my own lampwork beads in the designs. I sat and waited until they all spoke to me for a bit, and then inspiration hit!

In the first photo, you see her beautiful round floral disc. I used some gorgeous stones I got in a bead swap, and my own lampwork beads. I accented the stones with very small sterling saucer beads. I accented my lampwork beads with some brass filigree beads. The clasp is in a swirl pattern, which matches the swirls on the ceramic disc. I really love how this one turned out- I don't use pink tones too often, but I love how the darker colors of the stones and brass really brings everything together!

In the second photo, you see her beautiful butterfly! Again, I wanted to use my own lampwork, so I made some more of the beads that I have had available in my etsy store. I used some pretty filigree antiqued copper bead caps, and some antiqued copper chain, all of which I think brings out the beauty in the contrasting colors in the butterfly. The clasp is simple so as not to take away from the butterfly or the lampwork beads.

I really had fun creating these pieces with Melissa's pieces and hope I get a chance to do this again! Visit her online store to find some wonderful pieces for yourself!

8 comments:

Kristi Bowman said...

Sue...Beautiful beautiful beautiful, I love what you did with this bracelet. Wonderful!

Millie @ ammjewelry said...

How pretty they are...I love the detail match on the flower and toggle! Enjoy your day.

Patti Van said...

Those bracelets are beautiful! Your choice of color combos is spot on!

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful bracelets Sue, I really like your designs.
Therese

Mellisa said...

They turned out great Sue, love what you did! Thanks for participating!

sundownbeaddesigns said...

Lucky you to be the pick of the month for some of Melissa's goodies! Both bracelets are beautiful, my favorite is the one with the butterfly and the blue lampwork beads.

My Life Under the Bus said...

I am just catching up now!!! These are lovely!!! Love those pink swirled lampwork - what beauties : )

Renaissance jewelry said...

The bracelets are beautiful. I like your handmade beads, they do go well with the pieces you received from Chinook Jewelry blog partner.

Facet - The Bead Box

Not sure if you heard, but Facet (Stringing, formerly Bead Style) is launching The Bead Box - one stop kits for jewelry making! It's a m...