Wednesday, July 27, 2011

U2!

The Claw


"vertigo" effects
Him!


Last night I was at the U2 concert here in Pittsburgh! While I'm not given to hero worship, every time I listen to these guys or see them in concert (this is my third one) I am reminded why I admire them so much! It was awesome. Interpol opened for U2 - I don't really know who they are and maybe heard one song from them before. They weren't the best band to choose for a venue like Heinz Field, but, whatev - I was there for U2! They came on about 9:10 and opened with David Bowie's Space Oddity. This would be foreshadowing for a really cool experience later in the concert! Gabbie Giffords' husband Mark Kelly recorded a cool special message for this concert while he was in space - it was awesome and gave me chills! Later in the concert, there was a message from Aung San Suu Kyi (which I couldn't hear because at this point I was deaf) who has finally been released from house arrest in Burma for her non-violet demonstrations to bring about Democracy. I had an awesome time and paying for it today, but it was well worth it!

4 comments:

Cozy in Texas said...

I stopped by your blog today
Ann

Barbara Lewis said...

wow! What an experience! and don't worry about the ears ... the ringing will stop soon! LOL

SummersStudio said...

OMG, I am so jealous. I love U2 and this sounds like a particularly awesome concert.

Therese's Treasures said...

WOW!!!! I'm a big U2 fan myself and envious that you got to see them in concert not once but three times Oh well! I'm glad you had a fab time.
Therese

Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!

Better late than never! I participate every year and didn't want to miss it this year - the Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I'm also...