Skip to main content

Andrew's October Challenge

Andrew Thornton has a monthly challenge where you purchase a kit, with some special ingredients, and then on the appointed day reveal what you made with your kit! Today is the day! I have to say I am very happy to even have these done, because my head has been trying to get a full-on migraine for days...This is a necklace I made with his special skull bead and some really cool ball chain he sent with the kit! I decided the ball chain and skull needed to be kept separate and together; it's a great necklace and my daughter will be receiving it!
Then I made a bracelet with the three bigger beads he sent and the glass headpin that was in the kit! I used two types of chain and the gorgeous gorgeous little variety of seed beads he sent. I love them! I wish I could bead weave, they are such great little beads!
Then I made this pair of earrings with the pretty luxury beads he sent, and my own ear wires! These pieces came together easily for me, and I'm glad I got the pieces done!
Here are the other participants!

Rosemarie Cowit
Cilla Watkins
Christina Porter
Collette Collins
Mary Govaars
Cindy Cima Edwards
Jessica Nelson
Tara Linda
Alice Peterson
Lisa Lodge
Cece Cormier
Karin Slaton
Sandi Volpe-You are here
Kate Richbourg
Sue Kennedy
Michelle Mach
Shay Williams
Michelle Hardy
Andrew Thornton

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very pretty! Especially love the bracelet. Please stop by and see my creations if you have a chance.
TesoriTrovati said…
that blue is so dynamite, miss sue! great job with the bracelet. i struggle with bracelets and love this one so much.
enjoy the day.
erin
Rosemarie said…
I love your creations! Here's the link to mine. Did you hear from andrew yet with the other participants emails or blog addresses?
Rosemarie Cowit
www.gemrosedesigns.blogspot.com
Rosemarie said…
I love your creations! Here's the link to mine. Did you hear from andrew yet with the other participants emails or blog addresses?
Rosemarie Cowit
www.gemrosedesigns.blogspot.com
Love what you did. By the way, I just love the enamel headpins I purchased from your shop. Can't wait to incorporate them into my poly clay beads and into my jewelry.

T
Alice said…
Very pretty! My favorite is the sweet little bracelet. I could not for the life of me figure out how to use the chain....
I love the designs you came up with, especially using the glass headpin as a charm on the bracelet, great idea!
Deb x
I like your pieces Sue, I'm sure your daughter is going to love wearing her necklace. The bracelet is very pretty and the earrings too.
Therese
Michelle Mach said…
Very pretty! I'm so impressed you used so much of your kit! I am hoping to get a chance to do some bead embroidery with the rest of my kit materials.
Cindy Cima said…
Love the chain with the skull! The bracelet is gorgeous! The earrings are very nice!
Pam Chesbro said…
I love how you showcased the skull bead. The bracelet and earrings are wonderful too.
Karin Slaton said…
I love, love your bracelet. Beads, seeds and chain; with three ingredients you've created a simply perfect piece.
Cece Cormier said…
A little late to catching up on the reveals. Like the bracelet lots.

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12.

The Tacky Earring Blog Hop

Diana Ptaszynski had a great idea, instead of a Tacky Christmas Sweater blog hop, a Tacky Holiday Earring blog hop! I was on it.  I had ideas right away.  I had so many I had to control myself.  You can buy these for $15 each, too!  Here we go! I found these awesome wreaths in the miniature Christmas section in Michaels, and they go perfectly with silver and copper colored plastic beads! These trees were found in Michaels, on an end-cap - I assume they are scrapbook or card making supplies, but make fantastic earrings.  The holes were a little small and far down, so I had to make LARGE loops.  Paired these with cute little gold colored jingle bells! And, finally, the ones I had in my head the moment she announced the blog hop.  Dr. Seuss sparkly puff balls with ribbons.  The only thing that would have made these better for me is if I could have found the red ribbons I really wanted to pair these with - don't get me wrong, the silver is cool and all, but in my head they w