Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Accident!


Months ago, I took a class at ArtBliss given by Barbara Lewis of Painting with Fire. It involved learning how to make torch-fired enamel beads. I loved it - as you may be able to guess. Barbara did teach us how to fuse items into a flat pendant, but we didn't spend a lot of time on that process, as the day seemed to go so fast! I was making enameled pieces the other night, and due to my own ineptness (remember the big toe burn???) I was able to fuse these two pieces together totally by accident. Now of course, it isn't a usable piece. However, now that I know how to do it, I can see some pieces like this in my future! I can't wait to get more copper cutouts!

7 comments:

EB Bead and Metal Works said...

Don't you just love those happy accidents! I hope you have fun with the new fusing!

Pearl and Pebble said...

Can't wait to see what you come up with so you need to get right on that!!!:D

Silver Parrot said...

I can see a whole "bouquet" of flowers all fused together. It'll be awesome!

Beadwright said...

Wow I see a tottaly usable piece here! Glad you made this great discovery.
Nicole/Beadwright

SummersStudio said...

Happy accidents are the best. I can see how you might progress with this idea. Burnt toe? I've been away so much, I missed that. But if it is any consolation at all I have a couple of nasties on my face from acid splashes. Don't ask. But I think bottom line is we all need to look after ourselves in the studio. Take care and follow up the happy accident!

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

天氣涼了~要注意身體喔@~@...............................................................

lunedreams said...

i'm liking the 'bouquet' idea very much (please make one to show!!!) sweet little flowers.

Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!

Better late than never! I participate every year and didn't want to miss it this year - the Art Bead Scene Ornament Hop!  I'm also...