Thursday, February 26, 2009

A New Poll

I have been thinking about this for a while now - I usually make my beads on a 1/16" mandrel. The holes are pretty small, but they don't move around when you string on beading wire. However, if you want to use leather, rat tail, or silk cord, I think you need the 3/32" mandrel hole size. So, my question for this week is, would you rather have beads made on 1/16" mandrels or 3/32" mandrels? Please take a second to take my poll! Thanks!

In the meantime, I leave you with a photo I took when I was in Hakone, Japan. I got a picture of the Torii Gate on Lake Ashi, and the elusive and shy Mt. Fuji in the background. The engineer, who is a fantastic photographer, didn't even get a photo this good!

2 comments:

Lorelei said...

Hey Sue! I just have a comment about the mandrel size. Like the most recent wire and lampwork glass bracelet I just made, I needed the holes big enough to accomodate 2 pieces of 19 gauge wire. So I think 3/32 or larger would be good.

SueBeads said...

Thanks for the info - I can see that you would need a bigger hole size. For everyone's info, I am always glad to make my designs customized and make the hole sizes bigger. But I think I will be making some in the future with the bigger hole size, so they are just available right away instead of made to order!

September Component of the Month - Zombee with Laney Mead

This month it was Laney's turn to provide the Component of the Month, and she made these cute little Zombees!  I did not take a photo ...