Skip to main content

Another one of 300...and Whoopie Goldberg

Well, let me try this again. I wrote a big post, then blogger decided it couldn't save it...

Today was another one of our 300 days without sun here in Pittsburgh. Do you know we actually have less sunny days than Seattle? Hard to believe, but apparently statistically true.

Something on The View today made me so sad. The hot topic was gay adoption. Apparently a certain state passed a referendum that gay people cannot adopt children. Whoopie Goldberg told this story that someone told her - that a 12 year old boy, who was considered "unadoptable" because of mental issues, was finally adopted by a gay couple who happened to work with emotionally disabled children. The boy said, "Somebody wants me!" It made me so sad to think of a child who lived his life believing that nobody wanted him...

Also, they had this Manhattan circus on. The Pound Puppies is one of the acts. They adopt puppies from the pound who would have otherwise been euthanized. While I do not attend circuses, because I don't believe animals should be used and abused in that way, it made me think about these puppies who had so much fun performing their act and how much they obviously LOVED their trainer. Another thing that was sad, but in a good way.

There are no bead photos tonight. My wonderful geek partner/photographer is living it up in Atlanta as an invited speaker at a conference (I am very proud of him!) so he didn't get around to taking my bead pics. Also, while I'm on the topic, I want to say hi to Wayne, his host. If you read this, Hi Wayne!

Oh yeah, the kids are sick again! Does it ever END????

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12.

The Tacky Earring Blog Hop

Diana Ptaszynski had a great idea, instead of a Tacky Christmas Sweater blog hop, a Tacky Holiday Earring blog hop! I was on it.  I had ideas right away.  I had so many I had to control myself.  You can buy these for $15 each, too!  Here we go! I found these awesome wreaths in the miniature Christmas section in Michaels, and they go perfectly with silver and copper colored plastic beads! These trees were found in Michaels, on an end-cap - I assume they are scrapbook or card making supplies, but make fantastic earrings.  The holes were a little small and far down, so I had to make LARGE loops.  Paired these with cute little gold colored jingle bells! And, finally, the ones I had in my head the moment she announced the blog hop.  Dr. Seuss sparkly puff balls with ribbons.  The only thing that would have made these better for me is if I could have found the red ribbons I really wanted to pair these with - don't get me wrong, the silver is cool and all, but in my head they w