Saturday, January 7, 2017

Art Elements December Component of the Month Theme Challenge - Dragons!

It's Niky Sayers turn to host the Art Elements Component of the Month, and this month the theme is Dragons.  It's the December theme, but with the holidays and all, we're having the reveal today!  I got my cabochon from Jenny Davies-Reazor, this awesome dragon!

I wanted to incorporate the dragon scale beads within the design, but I got sick and had issues with my brain doing what I wanted it to do, so I used the dragon scales as the picot edge. I still like it a lot!
Please check out what everyone else made with DRAGONS!



Guests

AJE Team



12 comments:

Anita said...

It's like a little dragon sun. :)
Hope you're feeling better now, Sue.

Kathy Lindemer said...

Well done! Your beading is perfect for the piece.

Niky Sayers said...

I love what you created Sue, the scales on the edge are just perfect and I love how you used the colour from the cab in your seed beads!

AntiquityTravelers said...

Beautiful work Sue! Love how you used your dragon scales

Laney said...

Love the spikes they are so evocative of the scales on the dragon :)

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

I love your dragon Sue! I like the way you used the dragon scale beads around the outer edge.

Caroline said...

i love the spikes around the edge, I think it turned out beautifully! Hope you're feeling better now!

Jenny said...

Sue - the dragon scales are perfect on the edge! Like the spines on a dragon back.... And you made a rather subtle cab really sing!

Tammy Adams said...

Beautiful work. The colors you chose showcase the cab without overpowering it. And I quite like the way the scale beads fringe around the outside like protective spikes.

Shaiha said...

Those beads are perfect to bring out the color of that cab. I can't wait to see it when you finish.

Ann Schroeder said...

I love how you edged the cab - it really has the dragon scale effect!

Diana P. said...

Love what you did with your Jenny cab! He's like a majestic winter dragon who probably has an amazing hoarde of gold!

Inuit

Forgot to add my Inuit piece to the keep your sanity post, here it is!