Tuesday, May 31, 2016

AJE Component of the Month - Baby Cabochons

It was my turn for the Art Jewelry Elements Component of the Month and I made baby cabochons.  Unfortunately, even though I was the host, I wasn't able to complete my project.  But I thought I'd show you what I started, anyways.


This was my original design - making a paisley design with the cabs as the focus.  I drew my design out first, and the outside edge would be picot off of size 8 beads with a size 15 stop bead.

Here's how far I got - I still have pretty far to go.  I feel pretty bad that even though it was my own CoM I didn't finish, but this is a crazy month so I guess I'll give myself a break.

I hope you visit everyone else to see what they made!

Guests


AJE Team Members

 
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
 

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Heavens - a paisley is a great idea. It makes me want to use all different colors than I am drawn to and think outside of my box. Sue these cabs are fabulous and a great addition to SO MANY projects! Thank you!!!

Diana P. said...

I didn't finish either...it happens! But what you've got looks great so far!

Lesley said...

Love the idea of the paisley design...look forward to seeing it completed.

Lola said...

So far, so beautiful! I am in love with those little heart cabs! Thank you again for selecting me to participate in this month's challenge and for sharing you beautiful glass treasures.

Kristen Stevens said...

That is going to be so pretty when you are done!

Jennifer Cameron said...

I love it so far! And honestly, I've hosted before and chosen to not make anything with it. hahaha!

Caroline said...

Looking good so far Sue, I'll look forward to seeing it finished. Thank you for a great component, it's been great fun designing around it!

Niky Sayers said...

I love where this piece is going Sue and the colours are fab! Thank you so much for such a wonderful component, I have throughly enjoyed working with them!

Alison Herrington said...

I love the colors you picked for your design! What a wonderful idea, paisley! I love anything paisley, I can't wait to see the finished design, you BETTER post it when you're done! :-) Thanks soooo much for such a unique experience, these bitty baby cabs were so fun to brainstorm for. I am just starting my hopping, I can't wait to see what everyone did!

Pat DiPietro said...

Susan don't be to hard on yourself. Life has a way of getting in the way of things. You have made a great start and I can't wait to see it finished. Bead on

Becky Pancake said...

Hi Sue, I really like what you have done so far. Please finish it and I am sure it will be beautiful. Your baby cabochons are sooo cute.

Facet - The Bead Box

Not sure if you heard, but Facet (Stringing, formerly Bead Style) is launching The Bead Box - one stop kits for jewelry making! It's a m...