Sunday, February 23, 2014

Seed Beading with Cabochons

I've recently become enamored with all things seed bead - I love making beaded beads and have gotten into making beaded cabochons thanks to Sally Russick!  This is the latest one I have done!

 I used a cabochon by Diana Ptaszynski of Suburban Girl Beads - it's a rustic oval shaped cab with a matte finish.
 I made the bail using brick stitch (which I also learned from Sally on her video).  I just noticed the little bit of wispy thread I need to burn off!
 Finally, I used a brass toggle from Fusion Beads as the closure.  It goes really well with the blue seed beads I used.
All in all, I am really happy with this necklace. I'm starting on another using one of my smaller ammonite cabochons.  I'll show you when I get started!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

I just love the colours and the textures here!

Karen Larko said...

Wow! Very pretty! Looks very time consuming.

Facet - The Bead Box

Not sure if you heard, but Facet (Stringing, formerly Bead Style) is launching The Bead Box - one stop kits for jewelry making! It's a m...