Skip to main content


Lorelei Eurto posted a photo of Joan Miller's porcelain beads on facebook, and when I saw them, I had to make some in glass. The colors are so pretty. I used reichenbach glass for the pink/tangerine colored ones, and pea green with pink enamel for the other one. On the green one, I used baking soda to get the matte, pitted look, which is pretty cool! Not exactly the same, but an interpretation!


I think they look great!
pam ferrari said…
Nice! Have you tried adding clear over a rolled bead in baking soda you get tons of bubbles. Heavly incased with clear. Do you think they will hold up over time?Try it your next time at the torch they are cool. Or does any other lampwork know if you can do that to a bead? I would love to know.
rosebud101 said…
Very nice, Sue! You did a great job!
Anonymous said…
These look great! Love the colors.
Shirley said…
Lovely job! Those are definitely summer colors!
Copper Diem said…
stunning! love those textures!
Joan Miller said…
The circle is complete. My bumpy porcelain beads were inspired by lampwork beads.
Anonymous said…
they look great!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Accident!

Months ago, I took a class at ArtBliss given by Barbara Lewis of Painting with Fire. It involved learning how to make torch-fired enamel beads. I loved it - as you may be able to guess. Barbara did teach us how to fuse items into a flat pendant, but we didn't spend a lot of time on that process, as the day seemed to go so fast! I was making enameled pieces the other night, and due to my own ineptness (remember the big toe burn???) I was able to fuse these two pieces together totally by accident. Now of course, it isn't a usable piece. However, now that I know how to do it, I can see some pieces like this in my future! I can't wait to get more copper cutouts!

Art Elements February Theme Challenge - Birds of Prey

Cathy Mendola chose Birds of Prey for the theme this month, and it's a pretty awesome theme. You are going to see some amazing work by my team members and the guests who have participated this month! I had plans of doing more than I did, as indicated by the purchases I made for the projects I had in my head. However, I have been doing some work in my house, so whenever time permitted, meaning after work and weekend hours, we were pretty much doing the room renovations. One of them is going to be my study/studio, and I seem to be foiled at every move by trying to get some work tables. So I have only one small project to show you this month.  But first, the purchases!

This first Bali carved owl totem I got from fifirosedesigns on etsy - I wanted to make a mold and make my own cabochon to use in a necklace. However, I really did get around to doing that. So, I purchased the owl heads below.

These owl head cabochons are from ArtisticVariations84 on etsy - they are just fantastic, but …

January Art Elements Theme Challenge - Moon

Lindsay Starr chose moon as the theme for the AE Design Challenge this month! Great choice, Lindsay! I knew I had a pendant from Vincent and Nooma from Inviciti that I wanted to use, and I have some moon face polymer clay cabochons I had made a while ago, so I was all set!

First, I used the pendant to create a simple necklace. I haven't strung beads in a very long time, and being that I enjoy simple designs for myself, I set out to find the perfect red beads. I chose faceted red jade from Golden Age Beads.  I also spied some other beads I really want, but am basically on a buying freeze so....maybe another time! I separated the red jade beads with some cute titanium spacers I had picked up at a bead show a long time ago, and I highlighted the pendant with some gold alcohol ink to make the moon show up better!

The second piece I made was influenced by Game of Thrones. Late to the party as ever, I just started watching it. I'm on Season 3 Finale - I use it as a carrot to make my…